Friends, the following is a mail I got today warning about the Hebrew Roots movement. The original author is unknown but the message is true. If you are involved in this cult you are deceived. ————————————————————————————————- Shalom friends. This page is to warn against individuals and ministries who are teaching error. The main objective of these ministries is to make Gentile believers think that they are Israel in one form or another. Recently in the congregation I’ve had to make the difficult decision of asking a few Gentile believers to leave. These undiscerning folks were distorting scripture by claiming that they were Israelites. Sadly God’s word is twisted to such an extent that they no longer called themselves Gentiles. Shaul (Paul) in Romans 11 warns Gentiles against becoming proud and boastful against Israel “the natural branches” We need to pray for those who are fooled by this unhealthy dissatisfaction with their true identity and must look for some secret teaching, and end up following the wolves. Here are a few tips of how to recognize those who follow the Israelite Identity Cult. 1. They might be wearing tzitziot (tassels) men as well as women! This command was given to Israel in Numbers 15, and NOT to the foriegner/Gentile. 2. Their men might start to grow beards to identify themselves as part of this cult. NOTE: There’s nothing wrong with a Gentile/non Israelite growing a beard as long as they don’t believe themselves to be an Israelite! 3. They’ll tell you that the modern day Jewish people are NOT part of Israel. In Acts 2 Kefa (Peter) spoke to the crowds and addressed them as “Men of Israel, whole house of Israel, Jews, and brothers” Kefa used these terms to refer to the same group of people. 4. In most cases you’ll not see a real heart-felt love for the Jewish people, and the land of Israel. 5. They’ll seek to divide your congregation with the aim of spreading their distorted doctrines. 6. They might start to use weird names for God due to their fascination with the “Sacred Names Movement” This doesn’t include biblical names such as Elohim, El-Shaddai, El-Gibor etc. 7. Most of these Israelite identity groups stem from the USA, most are website based groups. 8. The Israelite Identity Cult claim to be Torah Observant, but sadly they lack any spiritual knowledge or discernment regarding the Torah. But among the people there were also false prophets, just as there WILL be false teachers among you. Under false pretenses they WILL introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, and thus bring on themselves swift destruction. Many WILL follow their debaucheries; and because of them, the true Way WILL be maligned. In their greed they WILL exploit you with fabricated stories. Their punishment, decreed long ago, is not idle; their destruction is not asleep! 2nd Kefa (Pt) 2:1-3 But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, quarrels and fights about the Torah; because they are worthless and futile. Warn a divisive persononce, then a second time; and after that, have nothing more to do with him. You may be sure that such a person has been perverted and is sinning: he stands self-condemned. Titus 3:9-11 I would encourage you to check out each of these ministries, you’ll find out that they condemn themselves with their false teachings. Please pray for those listed below that they might be able to rightly discern the word of truth, and be open to correction. One thing is for sure, the Word of God stands firm and steadfast when confronted with error. We also need to maintain our obedience to Torah commands in a manner that is clearly Biblical-but-distinct from Jewish expression so that we identify with Israel but not as Israel. Three good articles by Derek Leaman: Problems with fringe Messianic groups All in the name of Messianic Judaism Two House theology versus Chronicles Derek Leman: “As a non-Jew, if you feel a spiritual connection to Torah and the people of Israel (the Jewish people), this is a good thing. You don’t have to declare yourself an Israelite to draw near. You can come alongside the Jewish community, either from within the Christian Church or as members of Messianic and Judeo-Christian communities, and as a non-Jew you can respectfully join in Torah without taking on a pseudo-Jewish identity. And you are not to judge non-Jews who don’t make the same choice. Advocate for a love of Israel in Christianity, yes, but don’t try to make Christians into Israelites.” The Wolves List: PLEASE NOTE: Those listed below give a bad name to genuine biblical based Messianic/Hebrew Roots ministries.
1) “Jim Staley-Passion for Truth Ministries” (Teaches the old Ephraimite heresy, and believes he’s Israel) SEE HOW WORLDLY STALEY REALLY IS BRAGGING ABOUT HOW FAMOUS HE IS. Please read HERE.
2) “James Scott Trimm“
3) “Brad Scott” (Ephraimite, believes he’s Israel)
4) “Bill Cloud” Shoreshim Ministries (Two House Teacher) PLEASE NOTE: Dont confuse Bill Cloud’s Shorishim ministry with the biblical based Shoreshim Ministries in the UK @ shorashim.co.uk
5) “Lew White“
6) “Donna Taggart” (Northern Irish false teacher who appears from time to time under a new name, British Israelism) VERY DANGEROUS
7) “Scot Dryer” (Believes he’s an Israelite)
8) “Andrew Gabriel Roth” (author of the so called Aramaic New Testament)
9) “Jonathan Cahn” False prophet and teacher… please read this good article from Moriel Ministries
10) “Rico Cortes” (Two House teacher who pretends to be a Sephardic Jew) Cortes also practices martial arts which is occultic.
11) “Izzy Avraham” alias (Curtis Johnson) (Tassel wearing Gentile who pretends to be Jewish/Israelite/Ephraimite) Johnson also practices the occultic art of Jujitsu…(Edited 13 April 2014. False information, Please read correction HERE.
12) “119 Ministries” (Cleverly deceptive group which hosts various wolves on it’s website)
14) “Michael Rood” Gentile cult leader and false prophet who pretends to be Jewish…. Link exposing Rood
15) “Torah Teachers.com” (Hosts various wolves on it’s website)
16) “Hebrew Nation Radio”
17) “Jeff Gilbert – Talking Torah”
18) “International Fellowship of Christians and Jews” (Please go to this link)
19) “Joyfully Growing in Torah”
20) “Way to Zion Ministries”
21) “We are Israel” (Their name speaks for itself!)
22) “Wildbranch Ministries”
23) “Yahweh’s Restoration Ministry”