I’ve just found the link to this study on FP. You can read the complete study HERE. I’m just going to post the referring Scripture as the original post does not have them. Some verses must be read in context to see the reference to Babylon, so keep your Bible handy. Scriptures is from KJV.
Who is end time Babylon?
Lets go a little further here and see if we can identify the city/nation that is end times Babylon.
1) Babylon has a deep water port. Rev 18:17 And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Geographic Babylon (modern day Iraq) has no deep water port, so this Babylon in Revelation must be different from ancient Babylon
2) Babylon has Gods people within it. Is 47:6 I was wroth with my people, I have polluted mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke.
3) Gods heritage has been destroyed. Jer 50:11 Because ye were glad, because ye rejoiced, O ye destroyers of mine heritage, because ye are grown fat as the heifer at grass, and bellow as bulls;
4) Gods people have been led astray by false shepherds. Jer 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.
5) Gods people are swallowed up in a false religious system. Jer 51:44 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.
6) Geographically Babylon sits upon “many waters”. Jer 51:13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.
7) And is abundant in natural resources. Jer 51:13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.
8 ) The people of Babylon are a mingled people. Jer 51:53 Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD.
9) They are a proud people. Jer 50:31-32 Behold, I am against thee, O thou most proud, saith the Lord GOD of hosts: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee. And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him.
10) They feel they are invincible. Is 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:
11) They are a people of seemingly great wisdom & knowledge. Is 47:10 For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.
12) They are filled with graven images and idols. Jer 50:38 A drought is upon her waters; and they shall be dried up: for it is the land of graven images, and they are mad upon their idols.
13) They have many astrologers, sorcerers and monthly prognosticators. Is 47:13 hou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.
14) Babylon is described as “the hammer of the whole earth”. Jer 50:23 How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!
15) Babylon uses the eagle as a national symbol. Dan 7:4,he first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it. Ezek 17:3, 12 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar: (12) Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
16)Babylons mother was the lion (England). Jer 51:38 They shall roar together like lions: they shall yell as lions’ whelps.
17) Babylon is a “destroying mountain”. Jer 51:25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain.
18) It is full of “mighty men” & men of war. Jer 51:30 & 32 he mighty men of Babylon have forborn to fight, they have remained in their holds: their might hath failed; they became as women: they have burned her dwellingplaces; her bars are broken. (32) And that the passages are stopped, and the reeds they have burned with fire, and the men of war are affrighted.
19) Babylon even has a “space program”. Jer 51:53 Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD.
20) Babylon is the greatest merchant nation on the earth. Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
21) All the nations of the earth do business with her. Rev 18:11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
22) Babylon trades in every type of commodity. Rev 18:12-13 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
At the time of her destruction:
23) Babylons people are drunken and asleep. Jer 51:39 & 57 In their heat I will make their feasts, and I will make them drunken, that they may rejoice, and sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the LORD. (57) And I will make drunk her princes, and her wise men, her captains, and her rulers, and her mighty men: and they shall sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the King, whose name is the LORD of hosts.
24) She is filled with traitors. Jer 51:2 & 14 And will send unto Babylon fanners, that shall fan her, and shall empty her land: for in the day of trouble they shall be against her round about. (14) The LORD of hosts hath sworn by himself, saying, Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillers; and they shall lift up a shout against thee.
25) They dwell without care. Is 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly,
26) They don’t realize they are Babylon. Jer 50:24 I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the LORD. & Is 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:
27) Babylon has oppressed Israel. Jer 50:33 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The children of Israel and the children of Judah were oppressed together: and all that took them captives held them fast; they refused to let them go.
28) Babylon has caused the slain of Israel to fall. Jer 51:49 As Babylon hath caused the slain of Israel to fall, so at Babylon shall fall the slain of all the earth.
Would anyone like to guess which modern day nation fits this description in every way – Politically, economically , geographically, militarily, religiously?