Comment by Wickus:
We are in the beginning of an interesting week were we might see some fulfillment of prophecy (If it is the Lord’s time). The following diplomatic timeline is from the Jerusalem Post:
Sunday, September 18
• Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas left Amman for New York, reportedly carrying a written request to UN Secretary- General Ban Ki-moon for recognition of Palestine as the UN’s 194th member state.
• Defense Minister Ehud Barak met with PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad in New York.
• The envoys of the Quartet – the US, EU, Russia and the UN – met to try to come up with a formula for restarting negotiations, and prevent what diplomatic officials have termed a “train wreck” at the UN.
Tuesday, September 20
• Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is scheduled to travel to the US for the 66th UN General Assembly meeting. He will join Barak, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz, Environmental Protection Minister Gilad Erdan, Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Minister Yuli Edelstein and Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon who will also be in New York this week to present Israel’s case and continue lobbying leaders from around the world against the Palestinian move.
In addition, Gidi Schmerling, who was just replaced as Netanyahu’s chief spokesman by Yoaz Hendel, and Yonatan Peled, who this summer completed a tour of duty as spokesman at Israel’s embassy in Washington, are setting up a media center in New York. They will be augmented by Israel’s envoy in Washington, Michael Oren, and by former ambassador to the UN Dore Gold.
Wednesday, September 21
• Netanyahu is scheduled to meet US President Barack Obama in the evening on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting. This will be the eighth meeting between the two leaders since they both took office in early 2009.
• Abbas, who last spoke by phone with Obama in February, has been invited to participate in a reception hosted by Obama at the UN. No one-on-one Obama-Abbas meeting has yet been scheduled.
Thursday, September 22
• Netanyahu will hold bilateral meetings with a number of world leaders attending the General Assembly, with an emphasis on the heads of states that are members of the Security Council, and which Israel believes may be convinced either to abstain or to vote against the Palestinian move. For the resolution to pass the Security Council, nine of 15 states must cast a “yes” vote. If the US, or any of the other four permanent members of the council votes against, the resolution is vetoed. The countries Israel believes may be convinced to either vote against or abstain are the US, Britain, France, Germany, Portugal, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Colombia, Gabon and Nigeria. The other countries on the council are India, Brazil, South Africa, Lebanon, China and Russia.
• Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is scheduled to address the UN.
Friday, September 23
• Abbas will deliver a speech, during which he is expected to announce he will turn to the UN Security Council for recognition of statehood. For the Security Council to discuss the issue, a written request must be made to the UN secretary-general. Once this is done, the request could be dealt with by the Security Council in a matter of days, unless Security Council member states tie up the resolution in committee, something that is a very possible and would mean that the issue might not be taken up by the council for weeks.
• Netanyahu will address the General Assembly after Abbas. He told the weekly cabinet meeting Sunday that his speech had the dual goals of ensuring “that this move to bypass negotiations does not succeed and is stopped in the Security Council,” and presenting “our truth and – in my opinion – the general truth, which is our desire for peace. The fact that we are not foreigners in this land, that we have rights in this land that go back ‘only’ 4,000 years, I will say this loud and clear.”
Sunday, September 25
• The prime minister is scheduled to return to Israel.
The following Scriptures apply:
Joe 3:1-2 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.
Luk 21:20-26 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Feasts of the Lord in these times:
Timing starts from sunset on the following days:
28 September – Rosh Hashanah
7 October – Yom Kippur
12 October – Succot
Signs in the heavens in these times:
25 – 27 September -Comet Elenin aligns between the sun and earth.
Comment by Wickus:
I still do not know for sure if Elenin will cause any disasters. There has been many reports on YouTube and various websites about the likelihood of catastrophic events, but I can not be sure. So please do not run for the hills! 8)
It is believed that comets were harbingers of death. Even if Elenin does not cause any disasters, but the PA gets their state as the nations turns their back towards Israel in the UN, this comet will serve its purpose as a warning sign.
While a comet’s appearance occasionally heralded positive events, like the birth of a king or success in coming battle, more often it was taken as a bad omen of disaster. The Fall of Jerusalem in 70 BC was “foretold” by a comet four years before. In 79 AD the eruption of the volcano Vesuvius which destroyed the city of Pompeii was attributed to a comet. In 1665 a comet preceded an outbreak of the Black Plague that killed almost 100,000 people in London. In 1835 a comet was blamed for such widely diverse events as the fall of the Alamo, a major fire in New Youk City and a massacre of 280 people in Africa.
Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
There is an interesting connection made on Revelation 12 and Elenin in the following video. What is also interesting is that it happens around Rosh Hashanah. It can be a coincidence or it can be a sign. Lets see what happens in the near future.