A California preacher who foretold of the world’s end only to see the appointed day pass with no extraordinarily cataclysmic event has revised his apocalyptic prophecy, saying he was off by five months and the Earth actually will be obliterated on Oct. 21.
Harold Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven Saturday before catastrophe struck the planet, apologized Monday evening for not having the dates “worked out as accurately as I could have.” (Wickus: No repentance or admitting that he was wrong. He is stuck in his pride)
Through chatting with a friend over what he acknowledged was a very difficult weekend, it dawned on him that instead of the biblical Rapture in which the faithful would be swept up to the heavens, May 21 had instead been a “spiritual” Judgment Day, which places the entire world under Christ’s judgment, he said. (Wickus: When the Jehovah’s Witness movement were wrong that Jesus would return in 1914, they changed it to a spiritual return of Jesus)
The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes. (Wickus: Does this man actually read his Bible??? Were is that written???) But because God’s judgment and salvation were completed on Saturday, there’s no point in continuing to warn people about it, so his network will now just play Christian music and programs until the final end on Oct. 21. (Wickus: This is so wrong Mr Camping!! So you refuse to spread the Gospel as there will be no more people saved?? )
“We’ve always said May 21 was the day, but we didn’t understand altogether the spiritual meaning,” he said. “The fact is there is only one kind of people who will ascend into heaven … if God has saved them they’re going to be caught up.”
Camping’s hands shook slightly as he pinned his microphone to his lapel, and as he clutched a worn Bible he spoke in a quivery monotone about some listeners’ earthly concerns after giving away possessions in expectation of the Rapture.
Family Radio would never tell anyone what they should do with their belongings, and those who had fewer would cope, Camping said.
“We’re not in the business of financial advice,” he said. “We’re in the business of telling people there’s someone who you can maybe talk to, maybe pray to, and that’s God.”
But he also said that he wouldn’t give away all his possessions ahead of Oct 21.
“I still have to live in a house, I still have to drive a car,” he said. “What would be the value of that? If it is Judgment Day why would I give it away?”
Comment by Wickus:
Sorry to say, no I am NOT sorry to say, but this man is a false teacher. He can not be compared with David Wilkerson or Herb Peters. What he is saying is blatant lies that can not be supported by Scripture. To walk around with a Bible in your hand does not make you a Christian. I grew up in a house were the Bible was daily in my fathers hands, but he is a Jehovah’s Witness and not a Christian.
Camping refuses to admit that he is wrong. He is not a prophecy teacher, but is into numerology. On this site we also follow a theory that some will frown on, but at least our theory is supported by Scripture and geopolitical events. We also urge people to search the Bible and the news for themselves as we can be wrong. We do not ask your money, we just ask you to stay watching. Our theory did have flaws in it, and maybe still have. As time progress, the picture will get clearer or fade away. For first time readers who does not have a clue what I am talking about, the theory we are watching is commonly called the ENP theory. Here is the highlights:
1) In 1995 the EU made a covenant (Barcelona Process) with Israel and many other nations and it was initiated by Javier Solana.
2) In 1999 Solana became the Secretary General of the 10 nation Western European Union and the High Representative of the EU.
3) On 1 Jan 2007 the ENP funding instrument started for a 7 year period ending 31 Jan 2013. The EU called the ENP a confirmation of the 1995 Barcelona Process. Israel was the first to sign. This was done under the leadership of Solana and while he was head of the 10 nation WEU.
4) In 2010 we expected something big to happen in the middle of the 7 year treaty, but nothing did. Even worse, Solana resigned his position and the new post under the Lisbon Treaty was given to an unknown form Britain, Lady Ashton. It looked like this theory died and many stopped watching.
5) By studying, praying and discussions between fellow watchmen, we realized that the Bible actually states that the AC will remain hidden until he receives power to continue for 3.5 years. That is why we are still watching. Solana is under the radar (hidden) while Lady Ashton is getting stick and may be on her way out. There is about 3.5 years of her term left. If by some means Solana takes over or gets power to CONTINUE in his original post, it may be prophetic.
7) We have also came to the conclusion that there is not a 7 year tribulation as the popular believe is, but only a 3.5 year tribulation. The AC receives power for 42 months ONLY. He will not rule for 7 years. The only places were the 7 years are mentioned is Daniel 70th week and the 7 year covenant. Revelation is all about 42 months.
8 ) Israel and Jerusalem may soon be divided. That can lead to an AoD event.
9) It looks like Egypt, Libya and Sudan may be subdued or is getting subdued by EU/NATO.
These are the highlights. There is much more to say, but it will make this post too long. With all of this I am not trying to defend this site. I am trying to show you the difference between speculation (as Camping is doing) and looking at the facts of what the Bible says and compare it with world events.
Beware of wolfs in sheep’s clothing. When they say “He is in the desert”, do not believe them.