by El Gallo on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 am
1. U.S.? No, as he always sees us a culpable and having to atone. Seems like a good kid, with some minor faults, whom the dad is clearly disapproving, indeed, ashamed of b/c dad has a different vision for what he wants the child to be.
2. Western countries? No. Useful, but also guilty. Just consider the snubs to British, French, German (and other) leaders in the West. Japan, Australia and New Zealand can be counted in this group.
3. China and India? More than his own country, but not per se.
4. Second and third world countries. Generally yes.
5. Muslim countries. Definitely, and his respect seems to increase the closer to sharia-compliant and Shia they are. Not a word about uprisings in Iran, but plenty of support for uprising against Western-oriented Muslim leaders.